Monday, March 2, 2009

Jigga What? Jigga Who?

Wow! Yes, its been so long since I posted that I'm referencing a Jay-Z song from 1999. A year that will eternally be burned in my mind as the year I unsuccessfully tried to get tag-teamed by two little frenchies I met while working at a shoe store on Broadway aptly called Rubber Sole. I was desperate. It was retail. Nuff said.

Actually, it wasn't so bad. Mostly due to the influx of tourists that work the whole Broadway area, you know, doing touristy stuff. And as you also may know, I love tourists of all flavors. Plus my coworkers were a motley crew of Jamaicans, Egyptians and Haitians of dubious character - so actually it was a great job for me. It was the first time I heard that someone actually sweeped their floors, I lead a sheltered existence.

That said, now, after having been laid off from one of the best jobs I'd ever had the pleasure to work and the tenacity to keep, I find myself a) gainfully unemployed b)aspiring to be a pro-futbol player c) back in school working on the PhD.

So for your viewing pleasure, here is a sketch I drew during a semester of Sociology of Knowledge, whilst completing my Masters.



The caption says: This is our state of the art people making machine. You just put the clay in here...you pull down the God lever...select your color...and bam! One humanoid devoid of reason, logic and compassion!

There's more to come.

Note: Yes, I have the penmanship of a serial killer. No, I wouldn't trust me either.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, is that Jesus or a woman whose tit is resting on the machine? And if it's Jesus, what's with the tit? Either way it is all kinds of awesome.

Unknown said...

Honestly, Bård, it's an amputated arm. How else do you think he was able to pull himself off the crucifix!? (chomp chomp chomp .... gulp .... aaaaaaaahhhhh)

Sacrilicious!