Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Al telephono espere que llames tu...

I love Raffella Carra almost as much as I love Mina Mazzini. Italy has a way to turn out some of these most amazing women. But Raffaella Carra looks as if she's been unlucky in love a few too many times, and since I'm feeling somewhat nostalgic, I think it might be a good idea to have a listen to one of my favorite songs; Fiesta.

There are so many versions of this song on YouTube, and they span at least a decade, so it was hard to decide which one to show you today. At last, I went with this one (for obvious reasons). As you'll see, the video is almost as good as the song. It's a bit campy, but I dig its gay vibe. I just want to yell, "Hey! How come you get all those round, pert little hairy bottoms!" Sigh. Anyways.

Some choice lyrics:
Desde esta noche cambiara mi vida
(desde esta noche, desde esta noche)
no quiero ser la abandonada,
(no quiero serlo, no quiero serlo)
cuando lagrimas he derramado
cuantos besos he desperdiciado
el deci­a que era culpa mi­a
que añoraba ya su libertad



On a side note, Raffaella Carra has a song called 6868357, which has been translated in over three languages! AND she herself has sung them in all of those languages. So you see, you can be prolific and jilted, and/or prolifically jilted. And yes, that is her phone number that she keeps repeating - just waiting for her crush to call...

No comments: