Friday, December 28, 2007

Salty Academic does Argentina


Ok kids, Mommy's heading on a little vacation. Don't worry, your great aunt Irma will be staying with you. Won't that be fun? No, no, don't start crying, Mommy will be back soon enough. Yes darling, I promise to write while I'm away.

That's right kids, as the year winds down and the post-holiday depression starts to set in, sometimes the best thing to do is take a two week vacation to Argentina! I don't know how I finagled this one, but I left the office last Thursday with my boss' blessing for a bon voyage. So I'm going to leave my care-free world behind, and head down South to an even more care-free world (if that's even possible).

However, fret not my dear little ones. I shall continue to post whilst traversing the globe. Why? Because not only do I love you, but because if you're reading this blog you're probably in dire need of a diversion. And I promise that I will do my darnedest to supply it. So while I'm not cajoling some cute little porteño with my big American dollars to do despicable acts in a dirty bathroom just so he can pay for his biology textbooks, I'll be recounting all my misadventures here.

And if last year's trip to Buenos Aires is any indication of what to expect this year, then be ready for one heck of an emotional roller coaster ride. And I promise, this time Auntie Veronica will not get tipsy and fall on top of little Guadalupe during a game of chasey-chasey in the living room.

No comments: