Friday, December 7, 2007

it's definately not teen spirit

Cat behavior is peculiar to say the least. So when my cat spent an entire day in one spot staring intently at nothing, I knew something was up. Unfortunately, it took me two days to realize that what was "up" was the time of whatever creature decided to make a coffer of my living room wall.

So now the smell of some unholy decomposition is emanating from my wall and permeating the entire left side of the room. Sometimes I counteract this smell by lighting incense, which makes the smell not only bearable but, if i may, enjoyable. And I imagine myself like Laura Ingalls, when the whole family moved to the prairie and lived in a knoll. Just for a second of course, that thought is hard to sustain.

I give props to Ingalls for being an early 20th century female writer. And for being able to create such good TV fodder. And also for introducing me to the afternoon snack. When I was in the fifth grade I would come home from school everyday, make myself a mayonnaise sandwich and watch Little House on the Prairie. One day I came home, made my sanguie, sat myself down to watch the show, and then realized, thanks to a lack in ambient noise, that my parakeet Freddy had died. Well I'll tell you, from that day on I would have nightmares of being perched on the edge of a HUGE jar of mayonnaise and feeling inexplicably compelled to eat all of it. I gave up mayonnaise all together. And while for years i forbade mayo's condimentation, I never gave up Little House on the Prairie.

No comments: