Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Mrs. Cleaver is a Slut

I was alerted recently by our dear Norwegian friend/lust object, Bård Edlund, to this telling piece of American psychiatry otherwise known as the "Marital Rating Scale—Wife's Chart," a test developed in the late 1930s by Dr. George W. Crane, as a means to give couples feedback on their marriages. And while a backhanded slap to the mouth is enough feedback for me, I guess some spouses need to see things in writing.



Of course I decided to go ahead and rate myself, just to confirm my suspicion that if somehow I was tele-ported to the 1930s I'd more likely end up cemented in a basement wall than in a partnership of marital bliss. And not to my surprise, I'm a bad wife, a very very bad wife - with 15 demerits and 7 merits. Naturally, flirting with other men threw me over the edge. And while i do also put my cold feet on my partner when he eventually decides to come to bed, I'm also a terribly sweaty sleeper, which while not on the list I believe earns a demerit, since as he states "who wants to sleep next to a wet rag".

No comments: